CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

My First Post - the beginning

Katie set this blog up for me many months ago and I'm finally getting around to adding to it! Just wanted to give an update on my family.

Randy has been working at Basic Chemical Solutions for over a year now. He enjoys the challenges, even though they stress him out also. He travels a lot building his territory, but we knew this going in so we're making do. He is a ward missionary plus he and I work as Young Single Adult Leaders.

You can check out my Profile for an update on me, so I won't bore you with more details on my exciting life!

Katie and Howard celebrated their 4th wedding anniversary recently (where does time go?). They are happy, working hard, and living in Glendale, AZ - about 30 to 40 minutes away. I used to complain, but since MarLi and Rand moved out of state, it seems much closer now.

Rand just left for Iraq (you can check out his blog, see "Family and Friends" on the left) for the third time. He is a corporal and in charge of 4 other Marines that have never been over there. As their commanding officer put it to the families when explaining what they would be doing: "they were on a hunting expedition, looking for the hiding insurgents". I try not to dwell too much on exactly what Rand is doing but put my trust in the Lord to keep him protected and to keep me sane while he is over there.

MarLi is living in Salt Lake City, UT. She is enjoying life and thinking of starting her own business. One thing about Mar - when she puts her mind to something, she makes it happen, so I have no doubt her business will be successful I miss her a lot and love to have her visit!

I feel like I just wrote a Christmas newsletter, but I felt I needed a starting point and explaining where my family is was as good as any. Now I can add a picture or two and a random thought.....
Until next time - I hope it doesn't take months ;)

2 comments:

Katie and Howard said...

YEAH!!! You did it! :)

RandyMac said...

Deb, I'm so proud of you. Way to go!